This week’s update, you can see the introduction in my first post about the ESN Playbook.
I’ve been working on the research I want to do, and figuring out the questions to ask, and where to ask them. Here’s an outline of the questions;
About your company;
- How many employees do you have?
- What industry or industries does your company operate?
- How is your company structured?
- What is the general level of expertise in IT/ digital across your company?
How would you describe your role in your company’s ESN programme?
- I’m the programme manager
- I’m part of the technical team
- I’m working on adoption
- I’m a trained community manager who can’t wait for launch
Progress in implementing your Enterprise Social Network, where are you on this implementation timeline?
- We know we want one
- We have a team in place for implementation
- We’re busy selecting a tool
- We are going through the technical implementation
- We have one but no-one knows about it
- People signed up but no-one uses it anymore
- It’s used by some people in the company but not everyone
- Our ESN is widely used but we’re not sure what it brings to the business
- Our ESN is well used and we have measurable business benefits
What is your measure of success for your ESN overall
What department or team “owns” the ESN? (what are the organisational reasons for this?)
What has been the highlight of implementation so far
What were some of the challenges you faced?
What worked in your company?
What feature of the ESN is most used?
- finding colleagues
- asking/answering questions
- working on projects
- replacing/supporting meetings
What would you do differently now if you had the chance?
Would you be happy to have a telephone/skype interview to discuss your ESN implementation in more detail? (If so, please provide email)
If you’d like to be part of the research, suggest a resource or offer feedback you can contact me;
A big thank you to those who have already contacted me.
One of the other things I did – for fun, was create a pinterest account for all things digital, including a board for this writing project – if you’d like to contribute let me know and I’d be happy to invite you. Please follow it here; Pinterest.com/changememe
I’ve also created a paper.li that comes out on Tuesday each week, it will include this update plus articles from all over on all things to do with making social work in your company. Please subscribe here; Paper.li/changememe.
Next week I’ll be working on a schedule for polls, surveys and interviews – expect links in next week’s update!